Wednesday, November 25, 2009

It's not the holidays without 80s TV specials


Being born in 1983 I was the perfect age for the years of the best holiday TV specials. My mom and dad would set the VCR to record and we treasured those tapes, watching the same holiday specials in the fall and winter every year.

For Halloween there was:

A Disney Halloween, Charlie Brown, and Garfield

For Thanksgiving:
Garfield's Thanksgiving, A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving,

And last of all for Christmas there is: Charlie Brown, Garfield, The Chipmunks,

and Pee Wee!!!

I now have some of these on DVD and get to watch them, but I do sort of miss the funny commercials that were on those old tapes. And I'm not going to say this is a nerdy thing to love, because EVERYONE likes the Charlie Brown specials I think. We went to the Rob Zombie concert last month and he was playing Charlie Brown Halloween on the giant screen over the stage, it was great.

So Happy Thanksgiving! This year I am not only thankful for old TV, but all the wonderful friends and family in my life.

No comments: