Sunday, October 25, 2009

Cerama-rama

First of all I have to give props to my husband Tom. Last week his piece, Melting Pot, won first place in the "History in the Making IV" show at the Genesee Center for the Arts and Education in Rochester, NY.

Last week we also saw artist Kathy Butterly speak at ASU. A lot of the work she makes is using the same mold for a cup or mug and then she will alter it and fire up to 20 or 30 times to get all of the different effects in the glazing. It was pretty amazing to think about how many hours must be put into each one of those small objects. Tom and I talked about spending that much time on an artwork on our way home, I rarely spend that much time on something, but it's obviously worth the effort.
Kathy Butterly-FlashKathy Butterly-Pillow

1 comment:

Fashion Serial Killer said...

wow that's rad!! also, i scored me some haunting cameras! thanks again!!!