Friday, September 25, 2009

Hug a Vegetarian Day!


Today is International Hug a Vegetarian Day. Don’t believe me? Check out PETA’s website they probably made up the holiday but so what?

To celebrate I’m wearing my Vegetarian shirt today, it looks like this . . But that’s not me, that’s a man.
I’m not always a strict veggie though, I’m technically “Pescatarian” which means I eat fish sometimes. I love sushi, tuna sandwhiches and grilled fish too much to give up forever! I haven’t eaten other meat for about 2 years now. I think it was a good decision, I originally started out wanting to be vegan, but couldn’t handle it (soymilk and fake eggs were not as much fun for me). The main things I’ve learned being vegetarian are

#1-Surprise! I like tofu, but only if it’s cooked right. I have to marinate it and chop it into small pieces to like the taste. P.F. Changs has the best fried and Pei Wei has the best pan cooked.
#2-Fake meats are delicious, but expensive, so I have to try and use sparingly.
#3-Vegan jello is better tasting than regular jello, I thought it would be gross, but fruit pectin is great.

So I encourage everyone to eat some veggies tonight instead of animals!
My bunnies would agree, they’re vegetarian too :)

No comments: