Monday, August 16, 2010

I went camping and met a butterfly that loved Diet Dr. Pepper

Tom and I went camping this weekend.  On the recommendation from Tom's friend Brad and my friend Janet we headed north of Payson to the Mogollon Rim.  We tried to get a spot near Woods Canyon Lake but they were full so we headed further into the woods for some dispersed camping.  That night we sat by the fire and managed to see 3 shooting stars thanks to the Perseids meteor shower.

The next morning we headed over to hike the Horton Springs hiking trail.  My grandpa was named Horton McBride, so I think he would have liked the hike, I wonder if he ever went on it?  Anyways, the hike was a bit hot, but the waterfalls in the creek were pretty.  After the hike we headed to town and looked around the antique shops (we're on a hunt for creepy antique portraits but didn't find any).  Tom did buy a set of old looking keys, very Pirates of the Caribbean.  Overall, it was a nice little weekend.

1 comment:

Jen said...

My mom camps by Woods Canyon Lake all the time and LOVES it! Glad you had fun :) Cute flutterby.