Saturday, January 5, 2013

2013 Resolutions

Okay, so instead of the boring "lose weight" "save money" resolutions that are the norm, I try every year to make some more exciting goals. Not that I don't want to lose weight and save money, but I think you need to throw in some other things that are not as stressful. Here are mine for the year:

1. Learn some conversational French and actually use it in Paris.
   Tom and I are starting to plan a trip for May so I've signed up for a Tuesday night class at MCC. I took Spanish in junior high, high school, and college, but never any French, so this should be funny! I think the learning will be the easier part, actually trying to speak French to a Parisian will be scarier.

2. More dance classes!
   So I take a hip hop class on Wednesdays which is pretty great (at 5th Row Dance Studios in Phoenix), but most of the time the rest of the week I don't practice. How will I ever get good at the coffee grinder or the six step without practice? ;) I also need to take a Samba class. Whenever I try to Samba in Zumba I'm sure my feet are not doing what I think they are doing. So dance workout three times a week will be the start goal. 

3. Let the little things go.
   I will be the first to admit that I'm sensitive. This year I'll be 30 (gulp) and so I have a major goal to start letting things go. This one will take a little more thinking as to how I can go about it, but I'll work on that. 

And what is my reward for all of this? If at least halfway through the year I've lost weight, saved money, worked on my French and dancing, and gotten a little less sensitive I think I deserve a reward. And that reward should be a new tattoo! Right now I'm set on a space theme:



If anyone wants to chat about resolutions hit me up!

No comments: