Thursday, September 29, 2011

Jammin'

I made my first ever batch of home-made peach jam yesterday!

Thank you to my mom for the peaches, Tom for the help, and Martha Stewart for the recipe!



Recipe:

8-10 peaches
3 cups of sugar
the juice from one lemon
a dash of salt

1. Peel and pit the peaches, in small batches put into a food processor and pulse until chunky.
2. Add all ingredients to a sauce pot and put on high or medium high. Stir continuously while boiling. There will be some "foam", that will subside and the fruit will rise to the top, keep boiling until it thickens.
3. Once you think it's ready (somewhere between 12 and 30 minutes) place a spoonful in the freezer for one minute, if it gels it's done.
4. Let cool and place in jars.
5. Either keep in the fridge for up to 3 weeks or you can learn how to can it (I haven't learned that part yet!) 

Remember that Friends episode with the jam? I am like Joey and love to eat the jam out of the jar, dangerous!

No comments: